FAQs about the Economic Growth Accelerator (EGA)
- What is an Accelerator?A business accelerator is a programme that gives developing businesses access to mentorship, investors and other support that helps them become stable, self-sufficient businesses.
- When do I apply?
- What is the timeline/application window?
- I am an entrepreneur interested in the accelerator, but I do not know if my business is eligible under the SMME or Venture track. How do I know this?
The Venture Track is designed for women founders of potential high growth ventures. It is designed for early-stage founders who already have a prototype or product and are looking to scale with venture support.
- Do I need to be South African to qualify?
- How long must the company be operating to be considered?
- Do I need to be an entrepreneur in a specific business sector to apply?
- How will my business’ progress be monitored and measured?
- How long does the development period take?
- How will I be advised about the status of my application?
- I am currently a student; can I still apply to the Economic Growth Accelerator?